Let me take a moment to give myself a giant pat on the back. After battling a tongue and lip tie that caused a painful latch and my ever-fluctuating supply, I did it! I met my goal and was able to provide my daughter with breast milk for her whole first year!
The first time I hooked up to my pump, I was terrified. I had no idea how the pump actually worked, or how much I was supposed to produce, and emotionally I was a wreck. Aside from the newborn sleep deprivation, I just felt like such a failure as a mother and as a human being – that I couldn’t provide my daughter the one thing I was biologically programmed to give her.
Although I immediately felt physical relief after switching from nursing to pumping, coming to terms with this decision is still something I occasionally struggle with even a year later. Read more
Wow, what a wonderful way to dive back in! I had to take a bit of a hiatus so I could juggle being super busy at my full-time job and a teething baby who decided she didn’t need sleep for like, three weeks. 😴😴
I’m so thankful to have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by my dear friend Halee at 2blueeyes! She helped me set up this blog! She has recently moved to Japan, and I’m having a blast following her new adventures!
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your blog award.
3. Give a brief story about how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
My Blog Story